Smart Nav 4:AT
Complete Computer Control!! The SmartNav 4:AT package is the total hands-free mouse alternative for people with SMA, ALS, spinal cord injuries such as quadriplegia, muscular dystrophy, and other special needs.
SmartNav 4 Improved Features
- Sleek aluminum case, with innovative mounting options including 1/4-20 thread mounts for standard tripods
- Three times the resolution, resulting in more precise tracking
- Improved light filtering
SmartNav was designed to complement the natural head motion you already perform when looking around. Moving your head less than a quarter inch easily maneuvers the cursor across your entire screen.
You can left click, double click, drag, right click, and more - with our "dwell clicking toolbar" software application.
You can type on your computer screen with SmartNav's virtual keyboard program.
You can plug a click switch or a footswitch directly into the back of the SmartNav. With the Y Breakout Cable (included), you can plug in separate click switches for left and right clicking.
500 MHz Processor
USB 1.1 or 2.0 port
How SmartNav Works
SmartNav uses an infrared (IR) camera to track your head movements. You reflect IR light back to the SmartNav, which sends instructions to your computer to move your mouse cursor.
How is My Movement Tracked?
SmartNav tracks reflections from a tiny dot, which you can place anywhere.
Place our paper thin, tiny, reflective dot on the part of your body you'd like to control the cursor with - like the head or a hand.
Where Do I Put The SmartNav?
SmartNav mounts on top of your monitor, laptop or communication device facing you. SmartNav can also be threaded onto a mini tripod and sit next to your computer. The device can be placed anywhere as long as it can see the reflective accessory you've chosen to wear.
How Much Must I Move?
Less than an inch of head movement is more than enough to move the cursor across your entire screen. This is also adjustable in the software SPEED settings. SmartNav has a 45 degree Field of View (FOV), and usually sits about 2 feet away from your head. Thus you have almost two feet of free "head space" in which to move that simple inch.
How Do I Click?
SmartNav offers multiple clicking options:
- Hotkeys: Re-map keys from your keyboard and assign them to emulate the Left, Right and Middle mouse buttons.
- Dwell-Clicking Software: Click by hovering the cursor in one spot for a small (and adjustable) amount of time. A full dwell-clicking system and on-screen keyboard are included in the AT software package, allowing for total hands- free operation.
- Ability Switches: Industry standard input switch support allows you to plug two click switches into SmartNav for more clicking options. (An ability switch is not included in the package.)
- SmartNav Voice Clicking!
The SmartNav software can be ordered with built-in voice clicking. This is a revolutionary new feature that delivers, in one package, the best of both speech recognition and head pointing technology. Voice activated clicking allows you to issue mouse clicks and commands by speaking to your computer. Simply say ‘left click’ and a left click will be performed. This powerful feature makes the SmartNav more intuitive to use than ever. (Voice Clicking may not be used while other voice software is active. Voice Clicking will only work with SmartNav 3 and later hardware.)
Why is SmartNav different from other devices?
The SmartNav is both the fastest system on the market and the most adaptable to the users needs.
- Speed: The cursor position is updated at 100 frames per second, resulting in precise cursor placement with real-time response.
- Resolution: A high resolution imager (1280 x 480) allows for pixel accurate pointing and control that feels like a laser pointer.
- Lighting Conditions: Sunlight resistance and tracking technology allow the system to be used in almost any lighting environment. Sunlight is not a problem.
- Software: SmartNav is the only head tracking system with software allowing for full configuration and adaptability of the device.
Each package benefits from the same broad selection of special software features, including: Gravity, Mouse Cooperative Mode, Smoothing, Separate X and Y Scaling, Pause While Typing, Hotkeys, and many more.
The SmartNav 4 Package:
- SmartNav 4, fully assembled.
- 26 Reflective Dots (reusable sticky backing)
- USB Cable, high grade, 6 ft.
- Y Breakout Cable (for connecting multiple switches)
- Quick Start Guide
- Software CD (includes dwell-clicking & virtual keyboard)
- Electronic Manual
We will accept returns of this product, for any reason, when you request authorization for the return within 30 days of delivery. We are unable to accept any product returns after the 30 days have expired.
All Returns are subject to the following:
- All products must be returned complete and in the original packaging with all parts, manuals, and any other documentation.
- Defective hardware will be replaced or repaired at our discretion.
- Shipping and handling charges are not refundable.
Customer must pay to ship the package containing the returned product to S.M.A. Medical Supply.